7.30.2010

water, water everywhere...



Monsoon season is upon us. Everyday we see at least one massive downpour. My tomato plants and these wild flowers are loving it, but it is a little dreary for us humans. Last weekend we were able to get out during a break from rain for a hike on Veit Spring trail. It is a moderate trail with lots of interesting things to see.

I love this image. The woods are mostly ponderosa pines but there are pockets of aspen trees that have the prettiest white trunks and light green leaves. Over the years a number of trail visitors left their mark by way of initials or messages in the trunks. I am sure the aspens do not appreciate this very much, but it leaves a beautiful memory. I like to imagine who "C + J" were and when then wrote their initials in this tree.


A handsome hiker:)


I have wanted to get a picture of this sign since we moved to Flagstaff. The scene, materials and feeling of this photography are very "Flagstaff".


When Jason was in Dallas he snapped this picture of The Ball Park at Arlington.


Jason is very proud of his new grilling tool, a removable grate to grill fish and veggies - thanks mom & dad Hemmer:)


As promised here is the yummy steak kabob & watermelon salad recipe:

1 lb of sirloin cut into 1 in. cubes
2-3 red peppers cut into 1 in pieces
String 2 pieces of steak, 3 pepper pieces on moistened kabob sticks
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill until meat is medium

Seedless watermelon cubed
about 1/4 red onion cut into slivers
handful of mint roughly chopped
Mix together and sprinkle with salt and pepper

It is a super simple summer meal!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Love the new layout! The steak kabobs look yummy but I gave up red meat for the year so maybe I will try next summer! ;)

    ReplyDelete