11.07.2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

The Thursday night before Halloween, Jason was finished with the London leg of his trip, safely in Boston, and I was on a red-eye flight to Greenville, SC. Being a red-eye expert now (not sure if that's a good thing) I was able to sleep the entire flight from Phoenix. I met mum and dad at the airport and after a couple cups of coffee I was ready to roll. We hung out around the house and Friday night we went to Spartanburg to watch Tim's game at USC-Upstate. The picture above is the Bailey - Hemmer fan section and here is a picture with me and the soccer stud himself...

and an action shot...

After the game Richard and I went to Clemson and met up with Cheryl, Lashan, Stacy and Malay. Here is a picture with Cheryl and Lashan...

and another with me and Richard...

Saturday morning we tailgated for the Clemson vs. Coastal Carolina Homecoming game. I got to meet Evan, our friends Bryan and Bethany's son..he was a pumpkin for Halloween...can't you see how thrilled he is about the costume??

With Maria and Leslie I watched the Tiger Walk from inside the West End Zone, got to greet my former students as they came in, and got lunch upstairs with Cheech, Lawson and some other former co-workers. Here is Cheech in what may be the most disturbing mask ever...

Clemson won resoundingly and I was able to catch up with my former students some more after the game. Here is one more of Leslie, Maria and I...

Saturday night Tim met Richard and I at my parents house and we spent time together over dinner. I was up the next morning and back on a flight to Phoenix. As always, it was a too short trip, but so great to see my family, friends, and former students who I miss dearly!

Jason came home on Tuesday; it's been nice having him home this week. He's off again on Sunday to Delaware for training, and will be back on Thursday.

I (Jason) got to see the Pats beat the Buccaneers at Wembley Stadium during my trip to London. It was quite a unique experience to be able to see my favorite team play overseas. About 90% of the fans were European, but there was definitely a sizable contingent from New England. The work meetings I attended while in London were successful as well. Here are a couple pics from Wembley.



From London, I flew to Boston for a medical conference. While there, I was able to spend some time with my parents, brother, sister-in-law and niece, Emelie (see pics below).





I was also able to meet up with a few friends from WPI. The conference was a great learning experience from a professional standpoint, and it was nice being able to catch up with friends and family.

This weekend we've been laying low; we went out for Thai food last night and met up with a couple of work friends. Today some people came over to watch football and we're now watching Clemson vs. Florida State. Writing the blog while watching helps me stay calm - ha - Go Tigers!! We're also tracking the NAU game vs. Ole Miss -- right now Lumberjacks are hanging in there -- Go Jacks!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment