10.25.2009

Let the Travels Begin...

I dropped Jason at the PHX airport Saturday evening and got a call this morning that he landed safe and sound in London. I am watching the Patriot vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers game that is taking place at Wembley stadium in London. Jason was able to score a ticket last week, so I'm scouring the crowds trying to get a glimpse of him. We went down to Phoenix on Friday night, went out to this great wood-fire pizza place called "The Parlor" and Saturday I had a little shopping spree at IKEA...Jason managed to survive that part of the trip!
It was really nice to "get down off the mountain" and do something different before Jason took off for 11 days of travel. The only negative part of the trip was my near collision with an Elk on Hwy 17 yesterday, about 30 miles out of Flagstaff. If you have never seen an Elk, they are like deer on steroids...kinda like this...


It was dark by that point in my trip and I was in the left hand lane. On the left shoulder I saw a giant Elk walking out from the woods. Luckily, I didn't hit it, but did nearly have a heart attack and drove about 50 mph for the rest of the trip.
I am off for S.C. on Thursday night to see Tim's game on Friday and visit Clemson on Saturday. It will be a short, whirlwind trip, but I am so EXCITED to see everyone!! I'll post pictures when I get back.
Helen & Maddie XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment