Boo!! Jason and I are enjoying a night of good football with GA Tech leading VA Tech and the Alabama / USC game...complete with cool beers and homemade wings, so I thought now would be a good time to catch you all up. Last weekend Jason and I went to Josh and Mary Hampton Lovekamp's house for a 1st birthday celebration for their twins, Will and Kate. Will and Kate were born prematurely and spent their first 10 months of life on oxygen, so to see them stuffing cake in their face was quite a joy! We also visited the Fall Festival in Flagstaff, enjoyed some hot chocolate, a walk in the woods, and visited with some friends we ran in to. Here is a picture of us before we left...
We also bought and carved our pumpkins on Sunday night (Maddie even made one:)) They came out surprisingly well; Jason's was the scary one, mine the scared one, and Maddie's the guard cat. They are now outside our front door. It gets so cold here at night that they are withstanding the wilting process. Here is a picture of Jason and I with our final creations...

Another one trying to (unsuccessfully) get Maddie in the shot...

Jason hard at work...

We also toasted the pumpkin seeds and had a yummy snack all week!
This week was NAU's career and graduate school fair on Wednesday and the interview day on Thursday. It was a lot of smiling, talking, shaking hands and other fun career duties. Here is a picture of my friends Sonia, Lisa and myself nearing the end of the LONG day.
This weekend we were up early to watch Clemson BEAT Wake Forest and then took a drive around to the North side of the San Francisco peaks to get some photos of the changing leaves. In fall the Aspen trees change to a brilliant yellow-gold color. It was an oddly warm day and the trees were beautiful!
On a side note, Jason and I are really proud of my youngest brother, Tim. He is loving USC Upstate and having a great season in his first year in Div. I competition. He scored his first career, and the team's first conference play goal just over a week ago. Here is a shot of the man in action!

No other big plans this weekend; just relaxing and enjoying lots of good sleep and football. Next Friday we are going down to Phoenix for a fun night with a couple of friends, shopping on Saturday, and Jason flies out to London Saturday night. I'll be home alone until Thursday night when I fly out of Phoenix on a red-eye to visit South Carolina! Go Trojans and Tigers!
XOXO
The pumpkins are precious! I am impressed with Maddie's ability to carve without opposable thumbs. ;)
ReplyDelete