2.18.2009

Cross Country Skiing...


Hello All. Happy (late) Valentine's Day! We were supposed to post this last night, but got distracted by the Tiger's basketball game last night:) This past weekend, for Valentine's Day, Jason and I tried our hand at cross country skiing. We were supposed to have a lesson at 11:00, which we were late for (of course) because I had to stop for breakfast on the way, and then couldn't get my boot on my ski. I have determined it is A LOT harder than it looks. So, our group lesson left without us, and we ventured out on our own. Although we had no idea what we were doing, we only fell twice (once each) and made it all around the easy trail in one piece. I am not sure if you have ever seen someone fall while cross country skiing, but it is an embarrassingly slow, but inevitable, fall. Unfortunately, we have neither of these incidences on record, but I did include a picture of me, and a video I took of Jason.

So, after all that, we ran into (literally) our group lesson at the end, and the instructor stayed with us for 30 minutes to cover the basics. We felt slightly more competent after our lesson, but were completely exhausted (did I mention how incredible a workout it is!)

All in all, it was a great way to spend Valentine's Day and make the most of the feet of snow still on the ground here. Although we limped around with aches and pains for a couple days, we think we'll keep going back to enjoy the great outdoors here!

Jason is loving his job, and leaves for Germany for a week this Saturday, and then goes to San Diego for a conference in two weeks. I am tagging along on that trip, but before that my mum is visiting this weekend, and my brother Tim the weekend next -- we'll keep you posted!

Love,
Helen & Jason

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good workout! I am excited to have another post to read. :) I kind of look like I am a stalker since I am the only one who commented but I am not...promise.

    ReplyDelete