

That's the amount of snow that the Flagstaff area has received over the past 48 hours; a new record! It took 5 separate shoveling sessions to keep our driveway clear. Even with that amount of shoveling, our new Subaru Forester was still needed to plow through the remaining snow. By the way, the fun fact of the day is that Flagstaff is the 8th or 11th snowiest city, depending on the source (but, Helen is right -- it is the 8th!!).
So, as this is our first blog post, we would like to welcome you all to the fun-filled internet extravaganza known as "Go West Young Hemmers", chronicling the adventures of Jason, Helen, and Madeline Hemmer. Thus far, our move out to Flagstaff has gone extraordinarily well. We are just getting the house in order (click on slide show below), have gone hiking twice (no elk encounters yet), and will be giving cross-country skiing a try this coming weekend. We've met a lot of nice folks out here, who still like us because they don't really know us yet.
We have lots of wacky adventures planned, so be sure to check back every now and then as we update this blog.
- Jason & Helen
I enjoyed your pictures! I still can't get over all of that snow...who knew there could even be that much!!!?? I am glad you are blogging, I look forward to keeping up with your adventures. mb
ReplyDelete