This is baby and me at the Grand Canyon a couple of weeks ago. It was rather warm and we took numerous breaks, but it was nice to get some fresh mountain air!
I will be 31 weeks tomorrow and feeling every week of it. I find myself at work in a cycle of sit, walk, stretch to keep my back and hips comfortable. I've been walking everyday and yoga twice a week, but it's getting harder and harder to avoid those pesky back aches. I'm carrying baby on my front and my back is bowing like a lovely letter "C"! I hit a few bumps with some elevated blood sugar levels, but I'm on a strict diet from here on out to keep it under control. I have a follow up blood draw next week to make sure it's helping; wish me luck!
This week my co workers threw me a surprise baby shower; I truly was surprised (and I'm not an easy person to surprise). They had a great breakfast and gifts, and it was all organized by my team, which meant so much to me. They even tried to have Jason there, but unfortunately he was in Orlando for the past two days. I told them at work last week that I wouldn't be returning when the baby was born, and while I am looking forward to this transition and change, I am going to miss the wonderful people I supervise and have the opportunity to work with everyday. Baby and I will be making lots of trips to campus for walks and lunches.
![]() |
| My lovely team! |
My parents are coming for a quick visit this weekend and my baby shower is this weekend! I am really looking forward to the shower, and so happy my mom will get to be there to celebrate.
Nesting is in full force around here. We bought some more items at Target, got the car windows tinted (Arizona sun is a bit intense for tiny babies!), bought a glider / recliner that should be here soon, and lovely gifts from our registry keep flowing in. We are enjoying getting things ready, feeling more prepared for when baby decides to make their grand entrance.




you look amazing! you are going to love staying at home!
ReplyDelete