4.18.2010

A Reunion for All



Some friendships know no distance or time, but continue to enrich and sustain our lives through many years. Caroline Hartley and I have been friends since our summers together at Camp Gravatt, and although we have never lived in the same city and only continue to move farther from one another, it is like coming home whenever we have the opportunity to be together. I was there the day Caroline met her husband, Jimmy, and thankfully he and Jason share the same sense of humor, so our time together is fun for all. We've experienced laughs and tears, graduations, beach trips, weddings, and now Caroline and Jimmy are 2 months from the birth of their first child, William.

Here is a picture of me, Caroline, and William (in the belly:)) in Sedona.


We took them to our favorite restaurant, Tinderbox, for dinner and got drinks outside the famous Weatherford hotel, overlooking downtown Flagstaff.


I am so thankful they took an extra day of their trip (Caroline was attending a conference in Phoenix until Saturday afternoon) to visit us. Madeline, who lived with Jimmy until 4 years ago, had a nice reunion too. I think many of our laughs this weekend were focused around tales of Madeline through the years, some real and others the product of our collective imaginations.

A picture of Jason and I at the restaurant.


We can't wait to welcome William into the world and watch their family grow. I look forward to visiting Caroline, Jimmy and William soon!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...looks like a great visit! Caroline looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete