4.13.2010

"Pretty nice little Saturday...

...we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."

[10 points if you can name that movie]



It appears Jason and I have reluctantly entered suburban bliss. Replace Will Ferrell's Bed, Bath, & Beyond with World Market's wine section and you have our Saturday.

I must admit, through clenched teeth, it is surprisingly comforting to spend a weekend shopping for rakes and wood files, catching matinee movies, and sleeping by 9:30pm on a Saturday night. I don't think I am yet settled enough (nor may I ever be)to enjoy that every weekend, but it was refreshing. Also, Jason was pleasantly surprised upon our realization that wood planter boxes are far cheaper to purchase than make; he got himself out of hours in the garage surrounded by cedar planks and wood glue.

We saw "Date Night" with Tina Fey and Steve Carell. I am so glad they finally did a movie together; Tina Fey is absolutely my favorite female actress (with Helen Mirrren in close second) and the movie had plenty of "belly-laugh" moments. The plot line gets a bit "predictable", but with those two actors there isn't a dull moment. Absolutely recommend!

Sunday Jason went biking in Sedona with his friend David and I enjoyed my afternoon in an OCD induced cleaning frenzy. Our house is now spic and span and laundry free in preparation for a short visit from our friends Caroline and Jimmy Hartley. Caroline is 6 months pregnant and I am DYING to see her! I will post pictures of their trip next week.

I am off for a short lunch hour walk to Target (located too conveniently close to my office) to find some plastic cups with lids. It appears Madeline's newest trick is to stick her snout into water glasses on our bedside tables at about 3:30 in the morning, only for the glass to come crashing down from the table, spilling water and usually breaking the glass. Hoping to find some plastic cups with lids to save us from these mid-sleep surprises.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Check out the baby aisle and pick up some cute no-leak sippy cups! That should solve the problem. :) HAve fun with Caroline!

    ReplyDelete