9.27.2009

Fall, Football, & Lots of Zucchini

I finally found the battery charger for the camera and took some pictures of my fall decorations. I didn't get too out of control, but below is a picture of my mantel, table, and front step. There is already a chill in the air, and at night it has been getting down into the 30's, so in Flagstaff it is really starting to feel like fall. I noticed today a lot of the leaves were starting to change color.







This weekend Jason and I went to dinner Friday night at a new Greek restaurant in town called Taverna. The food was pretty good, and they dance and light food on fire, so that was different. On Saturday I watched my friend Heather's two kids for a couple of hours in the morning. In the afternoon we listened to the Clemson game on ESPN Radio (all we could get!) and then went to watch NAU play University of Montana. Both my football teams lost that day, but at least Tim's soccer team won at Presbyterian College; USC Upstate was the only one who came through for us that day! Luckily, I have worked it out to be able to go visit S.C. Oct. 30-Nov. 1 to watch Tim play at USC and catch a Clemson football game. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.

On Sunday Jason went biking with his friend David, ended up with a flat tire, and had to take his bike into the shop. We had about 7 zucchini from a co-worker of mine whose vegetable garden is still producing like crazy, so we did a lot of cooking on Sunday also. Here is a picture of the zucchini pile, and this wasn't even all of it!


We made two loaves of pineapple zucchini bread (sounds weird, but is surprisingly delicious) and a zucchini au gratin for dinner. Here is a picture of the zucchini bread.


Nothing out of the ordinary is planned for this week, but next weekend we're going to a Fall Harvest Festival in town to drink beer and pick pumpkins. The plan is to turn them into jack-o-lanterns for our front step.

1 comment:

  1. Love your decor! The bread does sound interesting...interesting good or interesting bad...I haven't decided yet! ;)

    ReplyDelete