4.19.2009

UFC Nights!



Here you see Helen and Mary Hampton Lovekamp enjoying UFC night, with a couple new members:) Jason and I spent Saturday night at the Lovekamp's house, watching UFC, and getting in some good baby play time with Mary Hampton and Josh's twins, Kate and Will, now 6 months, and growing fast.

We did some serious socializing this week, going out to dinner Wednesday night with two couples we have hit it off with, and happy hour Friday with Jason's Gore co-workers. It has been great to get to know new people in town, and try new restaurants; it is beginning to feel more like home. All my fellow (and now former) Keith St. patrons will appreciate knowing that I joined another "beer club" during happy hour, and their card only has 65 beers...so easy! I am now making it a goal to get my name up on the wall of a bar in each town we live. I have pretty high aspirations, I know.

The funniest thing that happens when we meet new people is they always ask how we are surviving in their "small mountain town". We always laugh, and explain that Flagstaff has 10x the restaurants, bars, shops, and culture than Clemson ever could. They don't quite believe us, but I imagine anyone reading this who has spent substantial time in Clemson understands the joy of having a Target 5 minutes from my house! LOL. Flagstaff certainly isn't a booming metropolis, but we are finding a lot of restaurants that have fresh, local foods, quality drinks, and good company.

On Saturday, we also did another local hike called "Fatman's Loop". Unfortunately, I forgot the camera in the car (surprising, I know). Things were thrown off a little when 10 minutes into our hike, we came across a couple who couldn't find their 10 year old daughter. So, we headed down one off-shoot of the trail, looking for their daughter. Luckily, she was found after about 10 minutes, and we were back on track. But, it "threw us off our hiking game" as we like to say, and hope to go back again soon. If we make it to the top (about a 2000 ft. climb) we will be able to see great views of town...we'll work our way up to that one!

Work is going very well, and I learned I will be advising Engineering (insert laughter here) and business students. I was glad to hear this, as I like this team, and enjoy advising this area. I am still mostly training, learning to build schedules, and shadowing advising appointments. This week Jason is traveling for work to San Jose, California on Monday and Tuesday, and we leave for Las Vegas on Friday to meet a couple of Jason's friends from Massachusetts. Our trip to South Carolina is approaching quickly, and we can not wait to see everyone soon.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could see you when you are in SC but based on the dates you sent it probably won't work out. We are not planning another trip to Clemson soon since we traveled so much this month. If you are coming through Columbia when you go to the beach maybe we can do lunch???? Sounds like y'all are staying well entertained and already have lots of fun people to hang out with. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete