This past Friday night, we were supposed to be at a Bruce Springsteen concert in Phoenix. As fate would have it, I instead spent the evening at a Holiday Inn in Queens, NY. Here is how it went down...
I traveled to Barcelona, Spain earlier in the week for work. The meetings went well, and I had some free time to explore Barcelona, which is a great city. The people are friendly, there are plenty of historic sites to see, and some great food to eat. On Friday morning, I flew from Barcelona to London, where I was supposed to catch a connecting flight back to Phoenix. But, a number of factors got in my way, including bad weather, the G20 meeting in London, late airport shuttles, and a steady stream of slowpokes getting in my way at the airport. I did my best, but missed the flight back to Phoenix by 1 minute....no Springsteen concert for me. The quickest way to get to Phoenix at that point required a flight to JFK airport in NYC, a 4 hour stay at the Holiday Inn, and a 6 am (Saturday) flight from NYC to Phoenix. All told, by the time I made it back to my house, approximately 36 hours had passed since I left my hotel in Barcelona. I was a wee bit tired, but made it back safely, which is all that matters in the end. We'll just have to catch The Boss next time around.
Helen spent this week hanging out with Maddie, spending time with some nice gals she has met in Flagstaff, and preparing to start her job on Monday. We'll post later this week on how that is going. She also survived her first major wind storm in Flagstaff. We had always heard how windy the spring is, but with a little bit of snow, and wind gusts of up to 65 miles per hour, she drove Hwy. 17 home from the Lovekamp's at about 20 miles / hour...they weren't kidding about the wind! Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment