First things first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RICHIE!! We are SO sad we are not there...the first of your birthdays I have missed:( Can't wait to see you at the end of the month for graduation.
This week has been a busy one; I started my new job at the Gateway Success Center at NAU, and loved it! I was training all of this week, learning how to use their different programs, learning the paperwork and processes, and observed some advising sessions. Starting next week, I'll be in 8-12 M-F, and hopefully by the end of next week I can start seeing students! It is really working out to be a perfect situation for me to be able to work part time, and still go to my yoga classes, keep tutoring, and do other things I enjoy:) As always, Jason is supremely supportive! The only downside is that NAU's parking situation may be worse than Clemson's (I know that shocks all my fellow CU drivers). The parking pass is almost 300 dollars, and parking is ridiculously limited. Luckily though, campus runs straight into downtown, and there is tons of legal street parking that is only a 10 minute walk to my office. All of you know how I love my daily walks, so it is working out.
Also, I have met some more neighbors this week. I was invited to a CABi party by someone I met a week ago, and I got to know her better, and met a few more women too. Most people I have met are very genuine, friendly, and a lot of fun. I also went to "Bunko" (it's a dice game of luck that is easy to play while drinking wine and talking) on Thursday, which is played by a group of women in the neighborhood once a month. Jason and I have been invited to a neighbor's house on Sunday for a brunch, and I'm doing a girl's night on Saturday with a few of the women I've hit it off with. It has been a lot of fun meeting and connecting with people across town, and Jason and I look forward to getting to know many of the couples this summer.
Today Jason and I did not have to work for Good Friday, so we decided to drive down to Sedona this morning for a hike. We tried a new trail at the Oak Creek Canyon, which looks totally different than the other Sedona hike we took a few weeks ago. Hopped up on coffee, we hiked about 2 miles into the canyon, and 2 miles back out, crossing streams, and jumping over trees along the way. After our exhausting workout, we went to the movies and watched "I Love You, Man" (Hilarious!!), and stuffed ourselves with popcorn, Red Vines, root beer, and slushies. You can see the sights in the slide show below.
Jason has been getting over a cold, so he is fast asleep as I write this, and as long as the snow holds back (Yes, apparently we get snow here in APRIL), we are going out tomorrow to do some shopping and try a new restaurant for lunch.
Lastly, check out this adorable video of our niece leading a game of Peek-A-Boo; she is quite the little ham!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sLLRoLzdrg
Have a very Happy Easter weekend, and we will post more later this weekend.
Much Love,
Helen & Jason
No comments:
Post a Comment