3.04.2009

Tim's Visit



I am writing from a Borders Books in Phoenix, AZ. I just dropped Tim off at the airport to head back to S.C. He came in on Saturday, and the time flew by too quickly. We visited Grand Canyon (no one fell over), took a pink Jeep tour through the Red Rocks in Sedona, and spent a lot of time just hanging around Flagstaff. I think he enjoyed Flagstaff, although he was pretty annoyed that S.C. got 4-5 inches of snow and snow days while he was on spring break! He also determined that there were a lot of "weird" people in Flagstaff (probably some truth to that!). There are a couple pictures here of his trip, and more are posted on Facebook.

Jason is still liking work, and is off to San Diego on Saturday for a week long conference. I am packing up the Subaru and driving out there to meet him on Monday (really break the Subi in!) My plans are to wander around San Diego, read books in cafes, and visit the zoo while he works all day. I must tell you that being unemployed has its benefits :). Speaking of employment, I have connected with a retired teacher in town who runs a tutoring agency, and can hopefully pick up a few hours a week tutoring this spring. Due to NAU's hiring freeze, I'm working on obtaining my AZ teaching certificate to start substituting, and hopefully apply for any teaching positions that come available for next school year. Who knows, I may end up back in the classroom after all...

Arizona is really starting to warm up and come into bloom. It is over 80 today in Phoenix, but still about 54 in Flagstaff. I am not sure it will ever cease to amaze me how varied the climate is between two points a 2 hour drive from one another. I am off to meet Jason. We are staying in Phoenix tonight because J has a workshop tomorrow -- gotta go enjoy the city!

Much Love,
Helen & Jason

1 comment:

  1. I love the pink Jeep! Enjoy San Diego...that will be a fun trip. I am anxious to see if you start teaching again. ;)

    ReplyDelete