3.16.2009

A New Discovery...



The snow has finally melted (except for those few stubborn shaded spots) and some "grass" - I use that term loosely - is turning our yard green. Jason and I explored our backyard this weekend and made some pretty neat discoveries. We knew we had a pond in the backyard, but to our surprise found three bright orange coy (very small at this point) swimming around in the pond. We aren't sure how or why they are alive, but have some interesting theories involving disintegration of fish, animals generating out of dirt, and so on... We are not sure if they will grow, or stay this small throughout the summer, but will keep you posted. I've included a picture of the pond from our deck, and a close up on one of the fish. Unfortunately, the others were hiding too deep to get a picture, due to our neighbor's obnoxious barking dogs -- long story. There is another picture of our yard too, and although you probably can't tell, we discovered two horseshoe pits along a long piece of grass -- Jason was kind enough to inform me that they were in fact not miniature sand boxes, or cat's toilets. So, I guess we will be playing some horseshoes this summer!

Thank you again for all our great anniversary wishes. It was a great weekend together, and we enjoyed a delicious dinner out at Cottage Place, a nice restaurant in town. More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment