3.05.2014

Life Lately


I've finally got Miriam to SMILE when I take pictures...in this one she even said "cheese" while I took it!

We have been so busy, although I'm not sure what we've accomplished.  Between projects at home, projects at work, Miriam entering the terrible two's a smidge early (holy tantrums, batman), and travel, we have been going, going, going.  Throw a few colds and a couple molars in there and that was February!

We are working on updating our bathroom and redecorating our bedroom.  Eventually we want to retile the bathroom, and I have a pipe dream to add wood beams to the ceiling, but for now it's a cosmetic face lift.  My parents come next week and dad will help Jason finish framing the mirror.  I'll post pictures when it's done.  For now, there are lots of these visits...



Our spring / summer of travel has begun!  Last weekend I went to a bachelorette party in Las Vegas, and we have 3 weddings, 2 showers, and 1 bachelor party all before July 4, not to mention Jason's frequent work travel.  Also, mid-February we went to Phoenix to buy clothes for the wedding, hit up IKEA, and take M swimming.  Do you think I could get Miriam in an IKEA ad?


We also took Miriam to a train park with some friends who live in Phoenix.  She LOVED it!  "Choo-choo!"  She even got to ride her first train.  She was so serious while riding the train that the guy in front of us said she looked like she wasn't having fun.  We explained she's just like that, cautious and quite serious.  But, when the train stopped she said "More, More!"  Thomas the Tank Engine is still a favorite friend (along with James, Percy, Harold, Emily, and Gordon...she can say them all now!).  Her other favorite is still George and "Hat" (aka the man with the yellow hat).


She's still showing signs of a silly sense of humor too like her mom and dad.  laughing at "Choo Choo".

We had Valentine's Day.  Here is Miriam hard at work coloring her Valentine's box... (note the face here).

Being silly...


Miriam decided a black crayon mustache was the best accessory for the day.  I love this face.  Kills me.


Blueberries are still one of her favorite foods.  I stock up on the freeze dried blueberries at Sprouts Grocery, her favorite.  I think there are 8 bags in the garage right now.  Her other favorite foods right now are macaroni and cheese, smoothies, and raisins, and cheerios.


Hugging her baby.  Miriam shows such a natural empathy and care.  She likes to push baby in the baby stroller, pat her back, and feed her cheerios.


She *has* to put on her own shoes.  Mary Jane's are her favorite.  Note her feet in the picture below.

Wearing her squeaky shoes. One of the first gifts we received for M. 


Reading is still one of her favorite activities.  In her reading "nook" in the living room.


Well, I think that about sums up our life lately!


No comments:

Post a Comment