1.02.2014

Have Toddler Will Travel



**I've been very bad lately, I wrote this post about 3 weeks  ago about our trip, but just got photos organized. More to come on Christmas & NYE**

Miriam is squarely in the toddler camp these days.  Testing boundaries, learning words, going, going, going, she's a force to be reckoned with.  Jason and I must be a little crazy to take a 16 month old on a 2.5 week other-side-of-the-country trip, but for us, it's worth every headache to spend time with family and explore new places.

First, Miriam and I tagged along with Jason while he had a conference in NYC.  We stayed right off 5th Avenue in Manhattan.  Miriam loved the city and every morning after breakfast she took off running out of the hotel restaurant, up lobby stairs to watch the chaos outside in the street.  As I've mentioned before, she has no fear, and if strong enough to push open the giant glass doors she would have been out on the sidewalk with the rest of the crowd.  We shopped, visited a Children's Museum, & played in Central Park.  A different experience for us all.


Keeping warm in NYC

Central Park


After a few days in NYC we drove to Massachusetts / Rhode Island to see Jason's family.  Miriam's only cousins live in Rhode Island, and the 3 girls had a blast together! They are quite the little trio. We ate seafood, devoured cakes and cookies, and played, played, played.  I know my sweet-hearted niece did not want to say goodbye to Miriam, bear-hugging her in the lobby of Outback, and I spilled a tear or two when we left our little monkeys.  I really look forward to visits in the future and watching the girls grow together.

Hoodsie with Grandpa





After Massachusetts we headed further south to Wilmington, DE to my parents' new house.  We were together with my parents, Richard, Timmy, and Richard's new fiancee, Lauren, for Thanksgiving.  It was a holiday for the ages.  My mama outdid herself getting their new house ready for us to destroy, and preparing so much great food .  We ate, shopped, got pedicures, watched football, friend a turkey, visited, and enjoyed many a libation.  Miriam has her own little play area off the basement family room and she had a blast playing with all our old toys, and a few new ones too.  Uncle Timmy and Grandpa introduced her to Thomas the Tank Engine and she's completely hooked on "Choo-Choo" now.
Snuggles I

Snuggles II

Snuggles III

M's 1st 2 loves: Digestive biscuits & Uncle Timmy
Since coming back we've been getting geared up for Christmas.  The tree is up, presents are wrapped, egg nog is coagulating in the fridge, and treats are baked and ready to eat.  "Santa" put together one of Miriam's gifts tonight (he's got about 3 more to go tomorrow night...or so I've been told). Miriam still doesn't have any clue about Santa, but she is enjoying the lights, treats, and I am sure she will lose.her.mind Christmas morning when she sees all the presents under the tree.  I cannot wait to watch her little face light up as she runs around exploring her new toys...she is one loved little girl and it is going to be a very Merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays, safe travels, and love to all our family, friends.

p.s. because it"s been so long, a few from before the holidays...

Foam pit @ Open Gym

"Take me to your Leader"

No comments:

Post a Comment