4.30.2013

Stopping for a Breather

Whew - things have been a bit hectic at the Hemmer house. Jason has been traveling like mad over the past month - he's been in our house about 4 days over the past 3 weeks.  He is in Brazil currently, and next week we are all going to Phoenix together, at least we'll be together next week.  We are looking forward to the sun, pool, and shopping:)  I've been busy keeping M out of trouble, working, and setting up the house.  It's coming together and I PROMISE pictures soon.

This weekend we got back from our spring 2013 east coast grandparents tour.  Miriam traveled really well again, in spite of cutting her first 2 teeth on our flight from Phoenix to Providence!  Jason, Miriam, and I were in Massachusetts and Rhode Island together visiting Jason's family.  Miriam met her Grandma and Grandpa Hemmer, Uncle, Aunt, and 2 cousins. Miriam and I also drove down to Delaware and spent a week with my parents while Jason was at training in Phoenix.  It was a really relaxing week together. I LOVE watching Miriam with her grandparents, it is so sweet.

I spent my mornings cuddling with Grandpa Bailey:)

With Auntie Cindy and Cousin Emelie.  Emelie was a doll and gave M lots and lots of hugs and kisses!

Seeing the Atlantic Ocean for the first time!

With daddy in Bristol, RI at mom and dad's favorite seaside drink spot.

Enjoying Friendly's ice cream.

Auntie Cindy signed me up for a Gymboree class, I loved it!!

With Cousins Emelie and Juliette at the Providence Zoo.

Hanging out with Grandpa Hemmer in his chair.  His beard is silly!

On our way to DE; Girls Only Road Trip!

Snuggles with Grandma

Getting some work done in Grandpa Bailey's office.

Giggles with Grandma and Grandpa Hemmer

In the midst of all this madness we learned that my grandmother passed away. Thankfully she did not suffer, passing away quietly in her sleep, but it was such a shock to us.  My grandmother was 79 years young, active, full of joy, and loved by her whole family.  We will miss her.  She came to Arizona when Miriam was 3 months old and we had the most wonderful visit; I will forever cherish those memories.



Miriam is a joyful, curious, charming 9 month old.  She loves to laugh, and will stare down strangers until they smile at her.  She learned to wave and point, a skill she will use on any person / animal / inanimate object she perceives important.  M is pretty vocal and makes the sweetest darn noises; I especially like it when she points and talks, it is like she is really trying to tell me something.  She's close to crawling, but not quite there yet, all in good time.


Hard for me to believe that my teeny baby girl will be 1 soon.  We went to the pediatrician today and they told me my next visit as at 1 year...it seemed so strange to hear!  She got a clean bill from the doc and is 29 and 3/4 in. long (94%), 18lb 8oz (54%), & her head is 64% -- we say she's finally growing into her head!!

I'll try to make the next update before 2 months from now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment