We took a road trip to Telluride, CO over July 4th weekend. Everyone told us that Colorado is so beautiful, and it really didn't disappoint. The mountains were beautiful and it was more humid than Arizona, which meant more greenery and flowers. The picture above is from a hike we took to the falls -- gorgeous.
They have a great July 4th celebration; the parade had fighter jets...4 of them...enough said. These photos are from July 4th morning before and during the parade.
A Yeti sighting:
Dick, we snapped a photo of this cycle for you. It's a bit dark because I had to take it really quickly before the owner hopped on!
More photos from the hike. This looks down on the San Miguel river.
To give you a sense of how large the mountains are; I'm that speck on the right:)
Flowers:
The first hour out of Telluride is absolutely beautiful switchbacks. We picked up lunch at The Butcher and the Baker and stopped at this lovely lake before continuing.
Ate at some great restaurants:
La Marmotte
Fat Alley BBQ
Siam
Drank some yummy beers:
Smugglers Brewery
The 6.5 hour drive there and back was pretty uneventful, although we did pass by Four Corners where Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah meet. It is the only point in the United States shared by four states. You had to pay to actually stand at the Four Corners spot, so naturally we passed. However, I will post a picture to prove we were there (or at least really, really close!). I can't get it off of my phone though right now, so I'll post sometime soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment