4.03.2011

Fay Canyon


As I mentioned in the last post, Jason got me an awesome new camera for my birthday. I've read (most of) the manual, but I am much more of a hands on learner. I can read about it all day long, but until I actually play with it, it won't stick. So, along with the great weather we have been having, the camera is motivating me to get out hiking. We went to Sedona last weekend, ate at Simon's Hot Dogs in the Oak Creek Brewery (yummm) and hiked the Fay Canyon Trail. Here are some of the photos I snapped:



Still obsessed with these desert tree branches...


Inside the canyon:


Boulders at the bottom of the canyon:


Doesn't this look like the Thundercats logo?


I thought this looked like a gothic version of Mid-Summer Night's Dream:


Resting a while:


Jason's turn with the camera:


Working on my close up shot. I discovered the manual focus...I was giddy!








Just breathtaking:


I like how you can see the clouds coming over the mountain in the top left:


I also have a few pictures from a hike we took in Flagstaff this weekend, but I haven't even downloaded those pictures yet -- hopefully I'll have time next weekend.
We are looking forward to our trip to Hawaii (2.5 weeks of work and we are on our way!!)

xoxo - Helen & Jason

1 comment: