2.20.2011

Late Arrival of Winter


We finally got winter here in Flagstaff. Two days of snow, totaling about 10-12 inches. We are waiting to hear about NAU's status for tomorrow.

On a sunnier note, I planted some bulbs that bloomed. Here is a hyacinth in the living room, we also had some really yummy smelling paper whites.


I am sorry I have been such a slacker with the blog lately. Must be something about this time of year because I think I took a similar 3-week blogging hiatus around January into February 2010. A lot has been going on around here. I accepted a new position as NAU as a Coordinator for Career and Academic Advising. I coordinate programs for new student and first year advising and enrollment. I will be supervising a few other advisors as well and taking on a few more projects...and many more meetings(not my favorite part). My first 2 weeks on the job were great, but as you can imagine, I've been working overtime to get myself organized, thus this poor blog was neglected for a few weeks. Jason traveled to Las Vegas and Miami, and he is going to San Diego on Tuesday. He is taking on a new project at work and may be moving to a new office building.

A couple of weeks back a friend of ours had a curling (yes like the Olympic event) party. He constructed a curling lane in his backyard. A friend snapped this picture of us outside watching the action. We were all huddled around the fire to keep warm.


Happy late Valentines Day! We cooked dinner together for Feb.14th and Jason had flowers sent to my office:) I got him a bag of 20 different dark chocolate bars (no easy feat for someone who can't eat tree nuts. Do you know how many dark chocolate bars have nuts?!) Here is a sampling:


We'll catch you up on more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment