11.30.2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Jason and I have so much to be thankful for this year. Good jobs, supportive family, each other, and not to be forgotten, Maddie. We are also abundantly thankful for a visit from Jason's brother Kurt and his girlfriend Kasia for the Thanksgiving 2010 holiday. Kurt and Kasia live in Chicago so it's a great treat when we get the opportunity to spend time together.


They arrived in Flagstaff Thanksgiving day (sneaking in just behind a snow fall) and we enjoyed a traditional home cooked feast - turkey, stuffing, brussel sprouts, carrots, cranberry sauce, polished off with yummy red wine and a homemade sweet potato pie. Everyone seemed to have a great time and Maddie made a new best friend in Kasia:


The bird:


Sweet potato pie with a meringue topping. It was delicious (if I do say so myself)! Find Paula Dean's old fashioned sweet potato pie recipe on Foodnetwork.com. I followed it pretty closely, but used Splenda for the pie filling
(real sugar in the meringue). I also forgot to add the butter (I found it melted in the microwave the next morning -- haha) and I think it turned out even better than the recipe with butter.


I hope everyone had a fulfilling Thanksgiving Holiday. Jason and I continue to be thankful for each of you throughout the year!

Details in the next post about our post-Thanksgiving road trip to Southern Arizona...

No comments:

Post a Comment