9.12.2010

Car Show, Football, and a Little More...


It was a beautiful fall weekend in Flagstaff! We met some friends downtown on Saturday afternoon to watch football and take a walk around the vintage car show. As we speak we are watching the Patriots destroy the Bengals -- Cincinnati has plenty of reality t.v. stars but no one to make a play!

Not much activity to catch you up on so I thought I'd talk about some things Jason and I like right now. Do you ever find that you go through phases with certain music, food or interests? I know we do. Here is some stuff we're loving right now...

1. This song. Scala choir covers Radiohead's "Creep". Scala is an all girls choir from Belgium -- they are pretty amazing.

2. Cherub Tomatoes. Always delicious, good for snacks and salads.


3. Scarfs -- my favorite fall accessory...not so much Jason's;) I found World Market, H&M, and Marshall's never disappoint.

4. Jogging. That sounds simple, but for anyone who has ever heard my rant on running you know I am not a fan, nor is Jason. We did decide to give it a real try and are training for a 5K in Phoenix in December. Our training starts small...very small...Week 1 we went out 3 times and ran for 60 seconds, walked for 90 seconds, ran for 60 seconds, walked for 90 seconds... It was enough to start to find our stride, but short enough that I still feel confident going into next week. I think I had a bit of an epiphany that I used to run everyday before I went to college; I was on our soccer team, track team, and even ran cross country (believe it or not!). I think I need to prove to myself that I can still do it, and thankfully Jason is willing to come along for the ride.

5. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. Enough Said.
From Fall 2010 2

Here's the recipe:
* 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. cloves, 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1 cup granulated sugar (I use Splenda)
* 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/4 cup No Sugar Added Apple Sauce, or Canola Oil
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup chocolate chip (I use Ghiradhelli 60% cocoa chips)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Whisk flour with baking soda, spices & salt. In another bowl whisk together sugar, pumpkin, milk, apple sauce and egg.
Stir in dry ingredients to wet ingredients until completely incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into 12 lined muffin cups and bake 20 to 25 minutes.
Enjoy!

6. Kindle 3, Jason's 30th birthday present and newest toy.


7. I am still kickin' it old school with paper books. Currently reading (and highly recommend)...


8. T.V. When do we not love this? Our favorites right now?


I hate to admit this one, but we are addicted to the train wreck that is...


Speaking of T.V... I'm off to get something done so we can watch True Blood season finale tonight. Have a great week! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I was so hoping you had posted when I checked my reader! :) Miss you all in Flagstaff, but so glad to hear you are doing so well!

    And totally would have never known you were a runner or in cross country. It's living in Flagstaff. Makes everyone think they should train for some sort of running event. Love it!!

    And Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Muffins? You are right, enough said! :)

    ReplyDelete