8.28.2010

Babies and Turning 21



I took my final long summer weekend to visit Caroline & Jimmy Hartley in Columbia, SC. Their son, William, was born about a month ago. What a great baby! He was amazingly calm, cuddly, and super sweet. I spent two days hanging around with Caroline and William. Here are a few pictures:
Caroline, William & I:


William wearing the baby hat I knitted for him:


William and I hanging out:


I also went to Greenville, SC for one night to see another baby, the Bailey family baby. Tim turned 21! Hard to believe, but we took him out for pizza & beer at Barley's in downtown Greenville.


With Tim at a bar!


May be the best picture ever of these two:


Tim & Mum:


I have the BEST brothers ever:


A good picture of Mum & Me:


We had SO much fun. I am so thankful that I was able to visit Caroline, meet her son William and celebrate a big birthday with my baby brother. I am always thankful for the technology and ability to fly across the country in less than 5 hours. Planes are full of annoying people and bad food, but they are my necessary evil and I am grateful for them!

Jason was also traveling while I was gone. He had a meeting in Portland, Oregon and then left for Canada last Sunday. We intersected in the Phoenix Airport on Sunday for dinner at the Terminal 4 Chili's...how romantic. He was flying out at 8:00 and I flew back in at 5:00. Caroline's mom, Polly, called us a 'couple of jet-setters'!

As if anyone could forget, Jason turns 30 this Wednesday. Hard to believe my husband will be 30 years old -- makes us sound old -- haha! He has to be in Sedona for work, so I'll be driving down to Sedona this Wednesday night to spend his birthday with him. We have a few other celebratory events planned for labor day weekend.

I am working this weekend, Transfer Orientation today and walk-in advising tomorrow. Classes at NAU begin on Monday -- let the fun begin! This past week was a mad house; mini-vans and U-hauls full of parents, new students and lots of stuff moving into the dorms. Let's hope I can get a parking space:)

Last but certainly not least, we welcomed our 2nd niece, Juliette Skye Hemmer, into the world this past Tuesday, August 24th. She weighed 8 pounds 11 ounces at birth, and is 20.5 inches long. We are extremely excited to have this new addition to the Hemmer family. Apparently, our niece Emelie is also very excited to be a big sister! Jason will have a chance to meet Juliette in person at the end of September when he'll be in New England for a business trip. Congratulations to Erik and Cindy for becoming parents for the second time! We'll certainly have more pics of Juliette available in the comings weeks and months, but for now we have 2 pics hot off the presses posted below.

Juliette's Birth Announcement
From Drop Box



Juliette Napping
From Drop Box




XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Cute babies! :) Glad you had a good trip back to SC. Sorry it didn't work for us to meet up, our schedules just didn't coincide. Maybe next time...

    ReplyDelete