
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We hope everyone had a fun and relaxing holiday season. Jason and I went to South Carolina on the 22nd to stay with my family. We ate, drank, slept in, played around, and had a great time seeing my Mum, Dad, Rich and Tim. We went to see Avatar, watched Hangover, listened to a lot of Christmas music, fried a turkey, made a cheesecake, and spent a lot of time just hanging around together. We had our Christmas Eve dinner at High Cotton, the site of our wedding reception. Here is a picture of Jason and I at the restaurant

On Christmas day we were able to "skype" with Jason's family in Massachusetts, and my extended family in England. It was the first time I've seen my whole family on Christmas, and the first time most had "met" Jason - such a great addition to the day! My favorite pictures from the gift opening



Christmas dinner! I just love this picture...

During Christmas dinner. The party hats come in Christmas Crackers, an English tradition -- we've even got Jason hooked!

And no Bailey Christmas is complete without a good game of charades...

Our friend Malay and his new wife, Chitra, came to visit on Boxing Day (the day after Christmas). So great to meet Chitra and catch up with Malay.

Jason came home on the 28th, and I stayed until the 30th. While still in SC, I did some shopping with mum and Tim, and drove to Columbia to visit with my friends Mary Beth and Adam Russell and their 7mth. old daughter, Emily, and Caroline Hartley, who just announced she is expecting! So excited for Caroline and Jimmy!
For New Years we stayed in Flagstaff and went downtown to watch the giant "pine cone drop". It's a 6 ft. lighted pine cone that is dropped from the top of the Weatherford Hotel at midnight -- sort of like Times Square, but not. It was crowded and we saw a lot of different friends -- definitely a Flagstaff experience.

Back to the grind today -- hard to get the wheels going at 6:00am after a week and a half of vacation! Jason is on his way to Miami, FL. tomorrow until Thursday (very jealous). It isn't supposed to snow or be overly cold this week though, so I won't make him feel too guilty. Have a great first week of 2010!
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment