6.14.2009

Sweet Wheels

Jason and I bought some new toys this weekend - bikes! We have been talking about it for awhile, but finally bought them on Saturday. We were up early on Saturday (because we were asleep by 9:30 Friday night -- we are wild), and went to breakfast at La Bellavia (delicious) and took a small hike in Thorpe Park. I had to go into work for orientation, and while I was at work, Jason went to the bike shop downtown and bought a Kona mountain bike. Here is Jason with his new ride...

Later that afternoon we went back downtown to check out the Pride in the Pines festivities and to get dinner. We popped back into the bike store, and found the bike I've been looking for - an old school Cruiser. It is a comfortable ride, no gears, and even has pedal brakes like we had when we were kids. I'm planning on adding a basket soon:) Here is a picture of my bike...

After all the bike purchasing, we quenched our thirst at happy hour at Altitudes, a bar downtown that is right on the train tracks, and got dinner at a Thai restaurant.

On Sunday we went to the farmer's market downtown and got some breakfast, some bread, and a few vegetables. It was a surprisingly nice farmer's market, and as it runs all summer, I am sure we'll be visiting it again. We managed to get in a trip to Sam's Club, Safeway, and took a long ride on our new bikes! We rode from our house to my office in 20 minutes, so some days when it is not too windy I plan on riding my bike to work. We haven't timed it yet to Jason's office, but we think it should be about 20-30 minutes. I think he is going to try sometime this week. Here is a picture of our nerdy bike helmets after the ride...safety first!


Copenhagen was one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited. It was incredibly clean, the food was good, and the architecture was amazing. Plus, there were a lot of tall blonde women adding to the scenery. No major trips planned for work in the coming weeks. As of right now, my next trip to Europe will be in late September when I go to Amsterdam. It'll be nice to spend more time here in Flagstaff in the coming weeks.

We don't have any major plans this week other than working, cooking, and enjoying our new bikes. The vegetable garden is hanging in there, and the pooping bandit has yet to visit again thanks to the marigolds I planted. Maddie is doing great, and shedding like crazy. Here is a picture I got of her from outside the front of the house. She LOVES sitting in this window when it is open in the afternoon.


Have a wonderful week!
XOXO
Helen Jason & Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment