
Here you can see Jason cooking up a gourmet dinner Friday night (checkout the Southwestern apron!). He cooked clams with spaghetti in a garlic white wine sauce...very yummy.
Saturday morning Jason left for Chicago for a conference. He will be there until Thursday, and gets to see his brother Kurt while in town. They already have plans to see a Cubs game, go to Second City, and watch a play.
Saturday was a very rainy day in Flagstaff, so I cleaned the house most of the morning, and went shopping and to dinner with a couple of friends in the afternoon. Saturday night Maddie and I curled up on the couch to watch Twilight. The movie was pretty good, but I definitely think the book is better than the movie. So far, I've read the first two books in the series, and I'm planning on reading the third book on our trip to Massachusetts in July...it is great plane reading.
Sunday I went for a 2 mile walk around some trails with great views of Mt. Humphries and Mt. Elden in Buffalo Park. After that I just ran a few errands, and hung around the house all evening.
One nasty discovery I made over the weekend is that some animal has been turning our new vegetable garden into a personal litter box. There is a neighborhood cat (not sure if it's stray or belongs to someone) that jumps our fence sometimes, so he is the top suspect at the moment. So, I cleared the evidence today and put up a little plastic fence around the vegetables. I also read online that planting marigolds helps keep cats out of gardens. Apparently they hate the smell. So, tomorrow after work I am making a pit stop at Home Depot for some marigolds. Let's hope it works.
Advising at Orientation has been a lot of fun. I've been meeting mainly undeclared students, so it's never a dull moment. Four more days of Orientation this week, and a couple of dinner dates with some friends in town. Have a wonderful week!
XOXO Helen & Maddie
Some nice little animal is just trying to help you fertilize so your plants grow nice and big! ;)
ReplyDelete