5.12.2009

Trip to Sunny Carolina


Congratulations to the newest college grad in the family -- Richard! Jason and I visited S.C. to watch him graduate from Clemson on Friday May 8th. We had a great time watching him walk across the stage, suffered through the remaining 3 hours, and celebrated with family all weekend. Here is another picture of that night...
From Drop Box


On our short to visit to Clemson, we crammed in a visit to Vickery to see "the boys", a happy hour with the work crew, and plenty of time with our friends still in Clemson. We realized that while we do not miss the town of Clemson, we have some great friends in the area, and it was amazing to spend some time with them. To top it off, two days after dragging Bethany out, she and Bryan welcomed their first son into the world...we think the bursts of laughter and Peppinos did the trick! Congratulations guys! Here is a slideshow of our shenanigans around town...


Jason came down on May 7th, but I flew in the week before on April 30th. I was able to join Angileigh Wingard and friends down at Edisto Beach and Charleston for her bachelorette party. I managed to hang on the beach without getting a sunburn, and enjoyed spending some time with Angileigh and D-Day. Can't wait for the wedding in August! Here is us with the bride-to-be...
From Drop Box


After the beach, I headed back to Greenville to spend a few days with mum, and we went up to Charlotte, NC to do some shopping, and visit my friend Monica and her one week old son, Jackson. We both forgot to get a picture, but it was so great seeing them! Mum and Dad are still trying to sell their house in Greenville to move to Myrtle Beach, so mum is mostly in Greenville preparing and having showings. We had a showing while I was in town; here is a picture of Helen the Gardner planting a few flowers out front (please note the boots)...
From Drop Box


Madeline managed without us for a few days, and we were happy to see her when we came back in on Sunday. I've been busy unpacking and cleaning a week and a half worth of clothes, and settling back into our routine. We don't have anything too exciting planned for the next few weeks; we will just be hanging around Flagstaff, working around the yard, and enjoying the BEAUTIFUL weather we have right now -- today was 75, sunny, and slightly breezy.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all our great hosts in S.C.; we are so thankful we got to spend some time together -- now it's your turn to visit!
Much love,
Helen & Jason XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting for a trip update. :) Love all the pictures and your cute dresses. Didn't know your parents were moving to the beach!

    ReplyDelete